ALL SAINTS’, BLACKWOOD

FORMERLY ANGLICAN, (BYERS ROAD, BLACKWOOD) A mine of history shut down and sold. Another plain and simple country church transformed into a house. This one had quite a history behind it. Melbourne was but thirty years old when All Saints’ was consecrated on 29 October 1865 by Victoria’s first Anglican bishop, Charles Perry (1807-1891). ItContinue reading “ALL SAINTS’, BLACKWOOD”

ST JOHN’S, PORT ALBERT

(ANGLICAN)RAGLAN STREET, PORT ALBERT Township’s sole surviving church of four is now threatened with closure. Little country churches like St John’s, Port Albert, are the bane of the ecclesiastical bureaucrat. They have tiny congregations, require regular maintenance, and are too small and poor to maintain their own incumbent. The priest or minister from the biggerContinue reading “ST JOHN’S, PORT ALBERT”